Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hot Blooded

Was a very good book! Now I'm reading the sequel. It's like a murder mystery sorta book. Love those kinds!


An intricately woven tale of romantic suspense follows Dr. Samantha Leeds, a popular late-night radio host who is being stalked by an enigmatic serial killer and haunted by a woman from her past, as she joins forces with Detective Rick Bentz to find the psychopath who is determined to make Samantha pay.

The next book is Cold Blooded...

Another serial killer is wreaking havoc in New Orleans, and it's up to detectives Rick Bentz and Reuben Montoya, the protagonists from Jackson's previous thriller, Hot Blooded, to reign him in. This time around, the detectives are joined by Olivia Benchet, a reluctant psychic who hails from a highly dysfunctional family. Olivia's visions of a priestly killer who tortures and sacrifices young females provide Bentz and Montoya with their best clues, but Olivia may be the next victim if Bentz doesn't shrug off his cynicism concerning visions and romantic entanglements with the wild-haired psychic. Twice burned by his former wife, who had an affair with his half-brother, Bentz now lives for work and his rebellious, 19-year-old daughter, Kristi. The hunt for the murderer escalates when Olivia realizes her visions are a two-way mirror, and the killer has Kristi and Olivia in his sights.

1 comment:

Jane said...

OMG the books you read lol! I'm not sure I could read that before bed lol!

I just finished Jane Greens 'Second Chances' which was WONDERFUL!!! (She's my fave British author) And now I'm reading Gail Anderson Dargatz's 'Turtle Valley' which is based all around Alberta and BC and so far is GREAT - but then all her books are :)