Monday, January 12, 2009

I don't get mad often but...

I am really annoyed with our neighbour! We live in town houses and she recently, Halloween, had twins. Her hubby works out of town. We USED to be friendly. We have surround sound that is only hooked up to the dvd player. The wall that separates us does not have speakers on it. Yesterday Brian watched Indian Jones. One part was really loud and as he was turning it down she called. I went out. When I got home there was an MSN message from her as well as an email stating she is very pissed about the surround yadda yadda cause it wakes the babies. We have moved the speaker, it is now 2 feet away from the wall and turned the bass down. I know she is stressed with 2 babes and not a lot of help but come on! I wouldn't have been so upset if it was 9 at night or 7 am but this was 4 in the afternoon!!! We have a right to listen to the TV how we want!! Am I justified in being upset about this??? Like Brian said what can she do if he decided to run a skill saw all afternoon to build something??? Freak about that?? Should I send a letter to the landlords stating what we have done to accommodate her?? And it's not like it's the whole movie that's loud the whole time just like explosions and stuff! She says it rattles her wall etc but it's only set at 22 and the peaking is hard to hear. Grrr I'm just frustrated at this!! Any ideas or suggestions would be great!!! Or any rental ideas (houses) for the south side would work too!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

OMG you can't move - I've only just learned how to drive to your place!!! Do you have ANY idea how much STRESS your move would cause ME!!!!!!! ;)

lol!

I agree that you've done more than enough to accommodate your neighbours and unfortunately its one of the downsides of condo life tat she's going to have to deal with - if it was late at night/ unsociable hours etc then I would agree with her but I don't think what you are doing is extreme or anything. You can't not live or enjoy life and its luxuries. Geez it won't be long and her twins will be making a LOT more noise than THAT!!!! And then what?????

Kim(Kimmie to a select few) said...

I am someone whom lives in a basement suite, below a family of four, who have no respect or a clue about being decent.
I complained umpteen times to my landlord, over and over and was told that there was nothing he or I could do, up until 11:00pm at night they have the right to be as noisy as they want. You need to tell your neighbor this, you can watch movies, use saws and cut down trees if you want, up until 11:00pm you have that right!
Tell her that you do try real hard to be respectful of her and her little ones, you don't ever try to be noisy but that she may as well not complain anymore because you are not going to tip toe around your house to make her happy!
Gee...I sound like a pissed off neighbor, don't I?
My lovely neighbors fight, both adults and both children scream, swear and pound on the floor above us! The problem with living here isn't the noise(as much) it's the killing of the spirit. Listening to the language, lack of parenting, lack of respect for each other, day in and day out! It it is so darn hard on the spirit!!

Stacey said...

I really do understand where's she coming from but what got me was 3 times within an hour she let us know! And it had been turned down!! We rarely watch movies so it's only on occasion!! Grr Maybe she does have a touch of post partum like one of my other friends suggested???!?! Who knowes! Thanks ladies!