Friday, October 16, 2009

Kinda excited!!

I know it's kinda geeky and all but tomorrow I'm off to Costco to meet and get a book signed by the author!! Her name is Diana Galbaldon and she is the author of the Outlander series I have been reading!!! I've never owned a book that was signed by it's author, never mind meeting her!! Brian thinks I'm kinda weird but I'm looking forward to it!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

I'd be very excited too! I'd love to meet Gail Anderson Dargatz - she often does signings in Edmonton as she used to live around here and is now in BC.

I have a signed Daryl Benson book as I met him in Costco - He is an Albertan photographer - actually he's from SP and his Daughter runs Treasured Memories, so I guess it's not too difficult to meet him lol as he teaches classes there etc lol but he is one of my favourite photographers so I was THRILLED to get the chance to chat with him about photography etc...

Enjoy the book signing and chatting with your author - have you thought of something to ask her?

Sharon said...

Don't worry what others might think! It's pretty cool actually!

Marq Em said...

Aw, sweetie, you don't KNOW from geeky! Getting a book signed is so not geeky... It's what the lady before me said: pretty cool.

Wanna try geeky? Live in my world. I have a friend who's an author (not famous -- yet!) and she knows/hangs out with some of my favourite writers. Everytime they post on her FB wall or click "Like" on the same things I click "Like" for, I give a little fan-girl squee. Really. My darlin' will vouch that I practically bounce out of my computer chair some days. ;-D