Friday, March 7, 2008

Darn Oilpatch!


So Brian is a truck driver for the Oil patch. Spring break up is usually April til mid June. It's kinda nice as there is no middle of the night calls or supper time calls that are " you have to be here in 20 Min's". However the lead up to break up is road bans which means he can't get on certain roads between certain hours. That also means he's hardly ever home in March! But for us right now the pay is good because for me to work, I'd be working to pay daycare! Anyways I was going to go out tonight with one of my girlfriends when Brian got home at 9 but of course he has another run so he has time to shower shave eat etc! It's like he has another girlfriend!! lol I always tell him that his truck is my competition but it's all in fun!! I'll try to add a pic, still kinda new to all this jazz!!

1 comment:

Jane said...

I know what you mean - I was offered a job before Christmas but would be paying more in childcare than I'd be earning so I didn't bother. It's crazy!