Thursday, June 12, 2008

Poems

I found these poems and they totally describe how it is for truckers and their families! Maybe I'm just being sentimental cause Brian's gone!! I don't know who wrote them or the exact names though.

To The One I Love
A Trucker's Wife

I must travel on the road
It is the job I do
But even though we're far apart
My thoughts will be of you.

So keep the home fires burning
While this lonesome trucker roams
For I'll be counting every mile
That leads to you....and home.



He's Gone Again

His bags are packed
and sitting at the door.
He's showered, shaved
and pressed and dressed.

The children are playing
quietly on the floor.
I sigh and wish
he didn't have to go.

Log books? Check.
Thermos, Check.
Munchies,Brunch, Pillows?
Check, check, check.

The parting ritual
has become so routine.
I wonder why
it still hurts so much.

Daddy says, "Time to go"
The kids run over
smothering him with
Hugs and kisses.

"Love you dad"
"Love you daddy!"
Their voices echo
in my mind.

I hold him close
and breathe deeply.
I don't want to forget
how he feels and smells.

I say,
"Drive safe,
Call often
I'll miss you."

As my knight
heads off
for the open road
yet again.

No comments: