Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Ivory Club and Ebony Lounge

We went there last night for my friends stagette. It is a duelling piano bar and in all honesty I didn't have high hopes for the place. It didn't seem like it would get better when we got there, as the cover charge was $20 a person!!! Our waitress really sucked and the drinks where like $7!! Plus if you paid as you went they included a tip in that price!!! I had 2 drinks then switched to water as I was driving and it took almost an hour to get my $2.52 bottle of water!

However once the 2 pianists got on stage it vastly improved! They took song requests and played together and sang whatever you wanted! We listened to Madonna, Johnny Cash,The Verve etc. Such a mix of songs and they did really well!

In all honesty I would go back as long as I had sufficient notice to save up a bit of coin to go!! Plus I wouldn't drive and would drink at home a bit first!!lol
I went in having the expectations of about a 3 out of 10 night and overall I would rate it about 7.5.

I don't know the exact web addy but if you type in ivory club Edmonton you will find it right away.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Sounds like a really interesting evening - and an interesting choice for a stagette night....the piano bit sounds good but the included tips would annoy me especially if the servers were slow or not good!

I'd not heard of it before now!