Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Dinner

Last night we went to Vicky's family dinning in Sherwood Park for Brian's work party. The food was great and the company was to, I guess!! lol I didn't know anybody there but was talking to this lady named Amanda most of the night! I only have one complaint about last night. However I do realize why it happened and it does make much more sense!! Instead of letting us pick off the menu we could decide between salmon and shrimp plate or prime rib. Well I really don't care for either! But i picked the rib and it was amazing!! Still not my fav but almost ate it all!! It was huge!! And the gravy was to die for!!!! Ok just so you know, I am kind of a picky eater! lol They also had dessert but it was carrot cake and taramaso(?) Not sure what that is but Amanda said it was great!! So that was the party! They also had an open bar!! I would hate to have to pay that bill!!! lol it was nice to go out for a grown up meal and not McDonald's!! lol

2 comments:

Jane said...

I'm glad you had a lovely evening!!! Tiramisu is Lloyds favourite dessert!! Its layers of ladyfingers soaked in espresso coffee, liqueur and mascarpone cheese!! and online I found this:

"Well, first of all, think of a very light chocolate pudding. Very light. No, you've got to think lighter than that. Think more in the lines of mocha-flavored whipped cream.

Now add in a little bit of body. Not heaviness, but substance -- you know, the kind of fullness that rich foods feel like in your mouth. Except that it doesn't taste rich, and it doesn't stay in your mouth long enough to become cloying. It tastes, well, dreamy.

Then, imagine this very light almost-like-mocha-flavored-whipped-cream concoction on lady finger pastry soaked (no, more like "kissed") with strong espresso coffee. Got that? Light, creamy, smooth lady fingers, the rich aroma of strong coffee?

Okay, now add in just a slight bite on the tongue, and tantalizing hint of the liquor. Suddenly, you get a teeny explosion of chocolate on your tongue that disappears in a flash. Got all that? Good.

Now finally, imagine that you're dressed in gossamer. You have delicate white wings and are sitting on a fluffy cloud. You are experiencing the greatest dessert ecstacy of your life. You are in Heaven, and Heaven is in your mouth."

That said, I think it's 'ok'.......it's not one of my favourites!!! For me a dessert should be more chocolatey or custardy.......Lloyd and I disagree on desserts - he likes coconut cream pie and I don't like that either.

I don't like carrot cake much either though so I would have been sorely disappointed with the desserts last night - how dare they not have a chocolate dessert hahahahaha!

Jane said...

OMG I'm such a foodie! I love my food so much see...and for me its ALL about the dessert!!! ;)